Dental hygiene is of primary concern as it takes care of your overall health. Brushing is one of the important activities that assure proper dental hygiene. Brushing twice daily in the morning and the night can help you to avoid various dental problems. It is said that people are unaware of the proper procedure to brush their teeth. There is a serious debate whether to wet your toothpaste before brushing. Experts share various opinions regarding wetting your toothbrush.
You can visit the Facebook page of Century Stone Dental to know about the brushing techniques. This post lists the proper ways to make use of your toothbrush to prevent various dental problems.
The article below discusses the opinions of experts on wetting your toothbrush. It also offers some useful tips on brushing your teeth effectively.
Wetting Your Brush
Is it essential to wet your brush? There are various answers to this question. Some people wet their toothbrush before brushing and also after applying toothpaste. People wet the toothbrush before applying toothpaste to disinfect the brush and make it free from bacteria. Experts suggest different ways to make use of your toothbrush so that you maintain proper oral hygiene. A group of dentists says that it is better to make use of the toothbrush dry, as making it wet can weaken the bristles and it would offer less effective results. They recommend brushing your teeth for two minutes where you hold the brush at an angle of 45 degrees from the gum line. This would help to remove the food particles in between the teeth.
Another group of scientist reveals that it is always good to make use of a wet toothbrush. This is because that the fluoride present in the toothpaste would come in contact with your teeth quickly. Fluoride toothpaste makes your teeth resistant and prevents from tooth decay.
Tips For Brushing:
People are unaware of the proper brushing technique which results in various dental problems.
Children grow up without knowing the actual process of brushing as parents do not know the brushing techniques. The following tips would help to brush your teeth on the right way for maintaining proper dental hygiene.
· You can make use of electric or manual toothbrush and brush for two minutes.
· Check if your toothbrush contains a small head of long and short bristles with round edges.
· Parents should teach the habit of brushing teeth before bed for their children.
· The toothpaste you make use should contain the required fluoride content as fluoride can make your teeth resistant against decay.
· See that your children do not swallow the toothpaste and apply only pea-sized toothpaste for them on their toothbrush.
· Brush all the surface of the teeth both inner, outer and also the chewing surface of the teeth.
· Do not make use of mouthwash immediately after brushing your teeth as the mouthwash would wash away the fluoride coated on the teeth. Use mouthwash with fluoride content and rinse your mouth.
The above article helps you to know some useful inputs on brushing your teeth.